Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain | Review | Hansen & Heidelberg : Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain | Review

Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain | Review

8.08.2014

revlon colorstay moisture stain, revlon, revlon makeup
Revlon is one of my favorite drugstore brands. I've never been disappointed with their color selections; they are always diverse and vibrant with great staying power. In the past, I've stuck to using their lipsticks specifically their Super Lustrous Lipstick which I can't sing high enough praises for. Don't even get me started about the ColorStay Nail Polish. That stuff is an addiction. Maybe one day I'll show you my ridiculous collection of nail polish but not today. Today I'm going to talk about Revlon's newest addition, the ColorStay Moisture Stain.

Usually, I try to steer clear from stains because personally I think they can look like smudged lipstick or day old lipstick. So, as you can imagine, I was a bit hesitant to try out the stains. Honestly, I'm glad I took the plunge because I've been practically wearing the stains every day and I can't wait to stock up on some more colors. Personally, this reminded me of a lip gloss more than a stain. It starts off with the appearance of a lipgloss but as the day goes by, the gloss sinks into your lips and you are left with beautifully stained lips. You cannot even tell you are wearing anything minus the added pop of color to your lips!
revlon colorstay moisture stain, revlon, revlon makeup
The Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain promises instant hydration and moisturizing benefits, while they felt great on my lips I wouldn't say they instantly felt rejuvenated. My lips are naturally dry and tend to get easily wind burnt--when I go on runs and the wind is a bit strong that day, I'm guaranteed to have wind burnt lips. Not fun. So, if you know of any wonderful products you'd recommend to help with my dry lips, let me know! For the stains I chose two colors; a subtle light color for everyday, London Posh (pictured at the bottom of the picture) and a vibrant color to add emphasis to my lips, Cannes Crush (pictured at the top of the picture). Both are great for my lips. Picking out lip colors is really a hit or miss for me because my lips already have a darker tint to them. So, I can't go too light or too close to the neon spectrum or I end up looking like a clown. Do any of you struggle with this predicament? I'm always a little envious of girls who can pull off bright neon colors. If you are like me, stick to dark colors, they look amazing against olive skin tones and muted pinks are wonderful during the spring and summer months for a pop of color. I think the next colors I want to get my hands on are Parisian Passion, India Intrigue, and New York Scene. 

+Added bonus, Ulta is currently running a special right now, buy one get the second 50% off (plus, even better if you are apart of their rewards program you get coupons which you could use along with it!). Have you tried these new stains? What were your thoughts? Do you have a favorite color? Let me know in the comments!